How to Enroll at the Community College of Rhode Island
- Consult the College Guide for a paper CCRI Application for Enrollment (or download and print one online at http://ccri.edu/catalog/application.pdf) and a NACAC Request for Admission Application Fee Waiver (or download and print one online at http://www.nacacnet.org/studentinfo/feewaiver/Documents/ApplicationFeeWaiver.pdf) in order to waive the $20 application fee.
- Complete the paper CCRI Application for Enrollment. You must sign up for a specific program in order for your application to be complete, even if you are simply planning to complete your General Studies courses before transferring to a 4-year college or university. Consult the list of programs attached for the complete list of programs and the campuses they are affiliated with.
- Complete the NACAC Request for Admission Application Fee Waiver with your Guidance Counselor.
- Return your completed paper CCRI Application for Enrollment and NACAC Request for Admission Application Fee Waiver to the College Guide to have your application hand-delivered to CCRI for free. You may also mail your application to the campus you are applying to:
- Providence: CCRI-Liston Campus / Office of Enrollment Services / 1 Hilton Street / Providence, RI 02905-2304
- Warwick: CCRI-Knight Campus / Office of Enrollment Services / 400 East Avenue / Warwick, RI 02886
- Lincoln: CCRI-Flanagan Campus / Office of Enrollment Services / 1762 Louisquisset Pike / Lincoln, RI 02865
- Newport: CCRI-Newport County Campus / Office of Enrollment Servies / 1 John H. Chafee Boulevard / Newport, RI 02840
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.ed.gov by the CCRI Priority Deadline (July 1, 2012) to apply for financial aid.
- Once officially accepted into a degree or certificate program, you must schedule an appointment to complete the mandatory ACCUPLACER Writing, Reading, and Math placement tests. To schedule an appointment, please call 401.825.2301 (Warwick), 401.331.7159 (Lincoln), 401.455.6149 (Providence), or 401.851.1631 (Newport). Please note that a $40 testing fee is required prior to testing. In order to qualify for a fee deferral for the test, you must visit the Office of Enrollment Services at the campus you are interested in enrolling at on the day of the test. Arrive plenty of time in advance to fill out the fee deferral form. The $40 fee will then be reduced from your financial aid award letter. For sample questions, visit http://www.collegeboard.com/prod_downloads/student/testing/accuplacer/accuplacer-sample.pdf.
- Get familiar with myCCRI (https://myccri.ccri.edu/cp/home/displaylogin). You will receive instructions about how to set up your account with your acceptance package. myCCRI is where all important notices will appear.
- Upon completion of the ACCUPLACER assessment, you will be scheduled to attend a mandatory Freshman Registration session in order to help ease your transition to college life. During this time you will meet with an Advisor/Counselor who will review your ACCUPLACER test scores, assist you in developing your Education Plan, and help you register for classes.
- Review your financial aid award letter and any billing statements you may receive after your financial aid is applied. Be sure to pay tuition and fees in full by the posted due dates.