Financial Aid Forms

Different colleges and universities require different financial aid forms in order to apply for financial aid at their institution. In order to find out what each of your schools require, visit the Financial Aid section of their individual websites or click on the “Cost & Financial Aid” tab for their school on CollegeBoard. Some of these documents include the FAFSA, the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE, and the Noncustodial PROFILE. See the list below for a description of each of these documents and others that may be required of you. Then, click on the following link to download and print a chart that will help you keep track of which forms you need to submit to each of the schools you are applying to and when: Financial Aid Forms.

FAFSA – Free Application for Federal Student Aid, used to apply for US Government grants and loans, federal work-study, many state grants, and, for some schools, institutional financial aid. Every financial aid applicant must complete this form.

CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE – The College Scholarship Service (CSS) application required by many colleges and universities to apply for institutional aid. Complete this form only if the college or university to which you are applying requires it. There is a fee for each school you send your PROFILE to.

Noncustodial PROFILE – Version of the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE to be filled out by the noncustodial parent (if applicable).


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s